Somerset mixes beautiful countryside with dramatic coast. The sandy beaches of Minehead and Burnham-on-Sea contrast with the rocky coastline of Exmoor. Somerset's County Town, Taunton, is ideal for holiday shopping.
Wiltshire is home to the incredible ancient monuments Stonehenge and Avebury Stone Circle. Within the wide expanses of the Wiltshire Downs you’ll also find numerous White Horses carved into the hillsides.
Dorset is a county of outstanding natural beauty. Its famously picturesque coastline was awarded World Heritage Status by UNESCO in 2001 for its unique geological history.
Places to visit
- Hauser & Wirth
- Award winning contemporary art centre
- Fleet Air Museum
- Engaging exhibitions of naval aircraft
- Haynes Motor Museum
- The UKs largest collection of the greatest cars
- Montacute House and garden
- Renaissance manor house filled with treasures
- Wells Cathedral
- A very impressive English cathedral
- Sherborne Abbey
- An ancient Abbey with a glorious ceiling
- A famous animal park and Elizabethan House
- A small town with gardens, an Abbey and the Tor
- Stourhead Gardens
- World-famous 18th-century garden & mansion
- City of Bath
- A World Heritage City with many historical sites
- Harvey’s Literary Tours’
- See the landscapes that inspired the region's authors